This year MIME was approached to send two students to attend the highly prestigious international course which attracts students globally from many different universities. Some of the participating universities include:
- Stanford University School of Medicine, USA
- University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- The Kolling Institute at University of Sydney
- Tokyo University, Japan
- Academia Sinica, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
- Korea University
- University of Indiana, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
- University of Vermont
- Witswatersrand University, Johannesburg, South Africa
MIME issued a call for interested participants through the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences and students were invited to apply. We received many high quality applications. Applications were assessed on their research area of relevance, their research history and capability and their overall application highlighting why they would like to attend the course. Two students were then each awarded a $5,000 travel scholarship from MIME to cover their registration, flights and accommodation for the course.
MIME would like to congratulate Sepideh Motamed from the Faculty of Engineering and Christopher Daly from the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences who are this years inaugural MIME representatives. We wish both Sepideh and Christopher an exciting and rewarding experience.