The event was part of MIME's series of forums to bring together clinicians, researchers and industry leaders at the forefront of medtech product innovation to explore new opportunities for collaboration. The event featured a plenary session showcasing presentations from industry leaders who are driving growth of the medtech sector and improved patient outcomes through innovation. Plenary presenters and their topics included:
- Sue MacLeman, MTPConnect – Growth through innovation and collaboration
- Paul D’Urso, Anatomics – 3D Printing revolution in Healthcare
- George Margelis, Intel – Digital health
- Kathy Connell, J&J New ventures – Innovation models
- Susi Tegen, Medical Technologies Association of Australia - An update from MTAA
- Wearables, sensors & monitoring
- Biomaterials & regen med
- Digital health & design
- Surgical simulation & training, 3D printed devices, robotics
- Neuro devices & bionics
- Tim Staker, Cabrini Technologies – Integrating healthcare
- David Rhodes, Admedus – New materials for regenerative medicine
- Derek Minihane, Cochlear – Building an innovative culture
- Sam Lanyon, Planet Innovation – Make it real: beyond R&D to product development
- Elpis Barons, Trajan Scientific and Medical – Trajan Accelerator
In addition to our industry and clinical champions the seminar sessions also featured presentations from MIME researchers at the forefront of research and new technologies that will underpin the next generation of medical technologies.
Over lunch attendees had the opportunity to view posters on display from our PhD students and ECR and network with the students and other participants.
The afternoon saw the group reconvene for a panel Q&A session on funding schemes that support collaborative medtech projects. The day ended with the opportunity for attendees to participate in a range of platform and facility tours at the University in key areas of the medtech sector.
Many participants also stayed on for networking drinks in the evening at the AusBiotech BioBeer and Bubbles event, which was co-hosted with Monash Innovation.
The day was action packed and was an amazing success. We received wonderful feedback from all involved and look forward to planning our next industry innovators day. If you would like to attend or present at our next event, please let us know.