The MIME Medtech Industry Innovators Day is fully subscribed with 140 attendees expected throughout the day including over 70 external guests from industry and government. Guests will be able to peruse the posters throughout the day with a specific time set aside during their lunch break from 12.15pm - 1.00pm for students to man their posters and be available for a Q&A session. Two travel scholarships worth $2,500 each will be awarded to the two most successful posters. Posters will be judged on the following criteria:
- Potential for impact - does the research have the potential to lead to high impact outcomes?
- Quality of the science - does the poster contain high quality science?
- Presentation - how effectively does the poster convey the key information?
- Communication - how engaged is the student with the audience during the presentation period?
To be part of this exciting opportunity, students must submit an expression of interest to participate in the program to MIME's Executive Officer Susan Newland via email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Thursday, 16 June.
Please include the following details in your expression of interest:
- Your name and email address
- Your department
- Whether you are a PhD student or an ECR
- Your area of research and how it relates to the medtech or health ICT sector
- A short synopsis of your poster
PhD and ECR who submit an expression of interest that is deemed eligible will be contacted by return email on Friday, 17 June to advise them to prepare their poster for the session. If you already have an existing poster you may use this. Alternatively, MIME can provide you with a template. Please contact MIME's Executive Officer, Susan Newland email@example.com for further details regarding the template.
Participants must be available to set up their poster board from 2.00pm on Wednesday, 22 June and be available to take part in the Q&A session between 12.15pm - 1.00pm on Thursday, 23 June.
A template for the poster will be available from MIME's Executive Officer Susan Newland firstname.lastname@example.org.